Orientation Materials for Your Students
- Getting Started with Waymaker
- Explaining How Study Plan Graded Participation is calculated
- Payment options for Waymaker (this may vary depending on your school)
*If you’d like to use shorter clips of the videos, you can find them on Lumen’s YouTube playlist: Getting Started with Waymaker.
Student Access & Payment
Students access Waymaker course materials through your learning management system (LMS) from the first day of class. When they go to your LMS course website, the Waymaker course modules should be visible to your students.
Students will pay the support fees for Lumen course materials either using a credit card within the courseware or by purchasing an activation code via your institution’s bookstore. The support fee enables access to all graded quizzes throughout the course. Without the activation code, students will not be able to take graded quizzes. Here’s a link to instructions on how to redeem their access code.
Special pricing and payment terms may apply to some institutions, including making Lumen course materials available at no cost to students. Feel free to contact your Lumen team member with any questions about pricing, payment, or student access.
Tips for Faculty
Follow these tips to ensure a smooth and successful start for your students. Questions? Contact support.lumenlearning.com and we’re happy to help!
- If your students will pay using activation codes, make sure your campus bookstore has the ISBN and everything they need to list your Waymaker course materials as a required material and to sell activation codes. You can provide students with the link for instructions on how to redeem the access code.
- When you’re setting up the course, be sure to turn on the Automated Messaging tools (hint: Here’s how). These tools save time by helping you identify and reach out to students when they can most benefit from your help and encouragement. Research shows just turning on these tools will increase average quiz scores!
- On your syllabus, list your Waymaker course as a required material and let students know they need to purchase access either with a credit card inside the courseware or by buying an activation code from your campus bookstore. View sample syllabus language
- Familiarize yourself with the student experience by working through the course as a student and watching the Student Video: Getting Started with Waymaker.
- Take a moment with your students to show them how to use the study plan, practice questions and quizzes to test their knowledge and improve their learning. This step can help students establish good study habits to help them succeed in this course and beyond.
We’ve worked hard to make it intuitive and simple for students to use Lumen course materials. If unanticipated issues arise, students will come to you for help. Don’t worry: you can reach us as usual through our support portal, support.lumenlearning.com.
QUESTIONS? Check the Waymaker User Guide or contact us at email@example.com.