The Lumen team will deliver a Canvas Course Export Package which will make it easy to link your Lumen course to Canvas. Download and save the file provided onto your desktop. Once saved you can follow the directions below:
Import the Test Course
- Open the course you just created (or the course you wish to import into) by finding and clicking on the course name link.
- On the Course Navigation Panel click on the Settings link.
- Click on Import Course Content on the right.
- Select Canvas Course Export Package in Content Type drop down.
- Click on the Choose File button for Source. Find and select the Lumen Course Export Package zip file that you downloaded.
- Under Content ensure on All Content is selected.
- Click Import.
- Once the content is imported you will see the Canvas Common Cartridge in the Current Jobs as completed, with issues. This is to be expected, please disregard the issues and direct to Modules to view the content.
If you experienced any issues while importing the cartridge please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a screenshot so that we can troubleshoot the problem.
Thanks for helping us to get Lumen Learning set up at your institute!