What is Lumen OHM?
Lumen Online Homework Manager (or OHM) is a robust online homework engine and course building platform for math and other quantitative subjects. Developed using open educational resources, Lumen OHM course titles offer a complete package of learning materials you can customize in powerful ways to suit your students’ needs. It’s a great, low-cost alternative to traditional publisher materials.
Lumen OHM course content includes outcome-aligned text, tutorial videos, customizable assignments, and other instructor resources. Ready-to-teach template courses from arithmetic to calculus provide teachers a running start in creating and customizing courses in OHM. Seamless learning management system (LMS) integration provides single sign-on and automatic grade return.
In addition to the course content, Lumen offers individualized support to help with course customization, LMS integration (for Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace, Moodle), version management, and large-scale implementation.
Introduction to OHM by Lumen's Chief Academic Officer David Wiley
- Algorithmically-generated problems
- Machine grading with immediate feedback for students
- Instructional text and videos aligned with practice problems
- Customizable open educational resource (OER) course materials
- Automatic day one access for all students
- Learning management system (LMS) integration with single sign-on and grade return
- Works well for online, face to face, blended, and emporium classes
How to request an account
To use Lumen OHM for course-building, course customization, and auto-graded assessments, you will need an instructor account. You can request an instructor account at
Please note, instructor status is manually verified by a member of our team, so your request may take 1-2 business days to process.
Getting started with Lumen OHM
Once your Lumen OHM instructor account is created, these resources can help you get started building and customizing your own courses.