Step 1: Approve Lumen LTI Providers in Blackboard
Approve two Lumen LTI providers using the same credentials and settings for each.
- Name: Lumen Platform
Provider Domain: courses.lumenlearning.com
- Name: Lumen Waymaker
Step 2: Default Configuration
Choose: Set globally
Tool Provider Key: provided by Lumen
Tool Provider Secret: provided by Lumen
Institution Policies: Lumen recommends the following policies:
- Send User Data: Send user data only over SSL
- User Fields to Send: Role in Course, Name, and Email Address
- Show User Acknowledgement Message: No. (Choosing "Yes" will require users to click an extra time for each course resource they visit.)
- Message Text: Unnecessary if choosing No above.
- Additionally, Lumen recommends settings so course materials open in a Blackboard Learn frame rather than a new window so users can still see and use Blackboard navigation when visiting course resources.
Step 3: Managing Blackboard Learn Tool Placements
Integration does not use placement of Lumen as a tool in any Blackboard area, so no placements are necessary.