In July 2020, Lumen released an improved assessment experience for students and faculty in Waymaker. More details about the benefits and new features of this experience can be found at this information page.
It’s time to update your course… which option is best for you?
If your course has student Waymaker graded assessment activity, you have the following options after clicking Course Update Available:
- Update automatically next time I copy this LMS course (recommended)
- Choosing this option means that you are deferring the update until the next time you copy this LMS course. There will be no changes to your current course.
- When this course is copied, Waymaker assessments will be automatically updated to the new experience.
- The course update will preserve any tile moves or deletions.
- The course update will NOT preserve any assessment customizations such as edits, deletions, or new questions. These customizations will be lost and will need to be recreated after the update.
- This option is best if you have minimal assessment customizations, and you can recreate them after the update without referring to your current course.
- Choosing this option will also apply to your copies of this course. Course copies with student activity will be updated the next time they are copied; course copies without student activity will be updated immediately.
- Download an updated course cartridge to import myself
- Choosing this option means that you will download the updated cartridge to import into a new LMS course (you cannot import the new cartridge into this course). There will be no changes to your current course.
- Be sure to save the cartridge so that you can find it when you are ready to import it into a new LMS course.
- This option will NOT preserve any customizations including tile moves/deletions or any assessment edits, deletions, or new questions. These customizations will be lost and will need to be recreated after you import the new cartridge.
- This option is best if you have significant assessment customizations that you plan to recreate. Your existing course will remain untouched and can be used as a reference to remake tile and assessment edits in the new course.
- I don’t want a new cartridge yet
- This option is best if you are not ready to decide when or how to update your course.
- You can access the Course Update Available button in your course anytime.
- If you choose this option, we’ll be reaching out to you to help you decide which course update option works for you.
Note: The Course Update button is only available to course editors; however, choosing to update your course with the automatic upgrade option will impact other courses that have been copied or shared with other instructors. Updating your course with a new cartridge will not impact shared courses. Please see this information page for details.
Need help? Please submit a support ticket and our team will be happy to assist you.