What Are the Technical Requirements?
This course uses a new set of digital course materials designed using open educational resources (OER) instead of a traditional textbook.
You can freely access all readings, videos, quizzes and other activities designed to help you remember what you learn–you do not need to purchase a textbook. For this class, you will need a healthy connection to the Internet, the right browser version, and information on where to get help.
To ensure that the course materials function properly and to avoid potential frustration, please:
- Use the latest version or the second latest version of one of the following browsers:
- Chrome (recommended)
- Firefox (recommended)
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- If you’re not sure whether you are using the latest version, an easy way to check is to visit this website: http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/
- Set your browser setting to allow cookies
PDF – Offline Version
For times when you don’t have internet access, you can read course materials offline in PDF format. If you would like a PDF version of the course materials, ask your instructor to direct you to a PDF file you can download.
While offline versions are a convenient alternative to the online course material, they do not include interactive content such as simulations, videos and quizzes. Also, instructors can see your progress when you use the online version but cannot see your progress when you use the offline version. Accordingly, the offline versions should be used as a backup resources rather than a primary resource.
Contact your instructor and/or your campus support for assistance and provide:
- a screenshot of your browser showing the error message or what happened on the screen when you encountered the issue
- a description of the issue
- the time you encountered it
- the details about your browser that you can find here: http://www.whatsmybrowser.org/